AGE CULTURE HUMANITIES
An Interdisciplinary Journal
Editors: Cynthia Port and Aagje Swinnen
Age, Culture, Humanities seeks to promote cross-disciplinary, critical investigations of the experiences of age, aging, and old age, as seen through the lens of the humanities and arts. The goals are to consider age as a category of identity, advance understanding of the aging process and of age differences across the lifespan, interrogate cultural articulations of aging and old age, and generate innovative, engaging scholarly approaches to the study of age and aging in the humanities. All manuscripts undergo editorial screening; scholarly articles are selected for publication through a double-blind peer review process. The journal will be published annually, both in print and online.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Deadline to ensure consideration for Issue #3: 15 February 2015
For Issue #3, general submissions are welcome as well as work on the following topics:
· Age and the Posthuman
· Pain and Old Age
Deadline for 2015 Graduate Student Essay Contest: 15 February 2015
The journal invites submissions in the following areas:
· Rigorous scholarly articles on topics that investigate the critical intersections of the arts and humanities with the aging process.
· Scholarly position papers or curated forums.
· Brief, well-theorized essays on teaching humanities approaches to age and aging.
· Reviews of relevant scholarly publications, conferences or symposia, digital humanities projects and research tools, and proposals for extended review essays.
· Reviews of recent creative publications, performances, and exhibitions relevant to age, aging, or old age.
· Proposals for themed clusters in future issues.
Issue #1 now available:
Issue #2 digital release: February 2015
Issue #2 print release: May 2015
Cynthia Port and Aagje Swinnen, Co-Editors
Andrea Charise, Reviews Editor
Age, Culture, Humanities is now on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ACHJournal (@ACHJournal)
Call for Abstracts: Creativity and Resilience in Older People
Call for Papers: Aging in Slavic Literatures
Aging Studies Series
1st Announcement and Website Launch: Harnessing Technology for Aging-in-Place
24th annual John K. Friesen conference
Call for Proposals: Gerontology & Geriatrics Education
Special Issue: Humanities and Arts in Gerontological and Geriatric Education
Call for Proposals: North American Network in Aging Studies (N.A.N.A.S.) Conference
Aging and Age Studies: Foundations and Formations Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, May 19-22, 2015
Call for Papers: 3rd ENAS Conference / 9th International Symposium on Cultural Gerontology
Cultural Narratives, Processes and Strategies in Representations of Age and Aging